Fire FAQ's

No answers matched your search

A Fire Civil Service Exam is administered every 3 years, unless the list is exhausted beforehand. A Public Notice will be made when WFD is testing. A written and physical agility test is part of the hiring process. Contact Human Resources to obtain materials on testing and dates. Testing and placing on the list does not necessarily mean an immediate hire. 

Bi-annually, typically in April (wet inspection) and October (dry inspection). Possible discoloration may occur (in April only), but water is SAFE to drink.

Yes, it is best to make an appointment, by calling 304-234-3776.

Only commercial fire alarms with the Bureau of Fire Prevention are to be registered at 304-234-3726. There is NO FINE for a false alarm or registration.

Fire Service Fees can be paid in the City’s Finance Office, located at 1500 Chapline Street, Room 112. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Call the Fire Chief’s Office at 304-234-3776.

1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, starting at 9 a.m. at Fire Headquarters, 2126 Market Street.

No Phone Calls or Registration needed. Simply show up.

Cost is $15.

Fire Extinguisher’s – NO

Smoke Detectors – YES, but a limited amount. Contact the Bureau of Fire Prevention at 304-234-3726.

Small Fire Pits are permitted for cooking, heat or light, but burning large brush and other materials are more restricted. Contact the Bureau of Fire Prevention at 304-234-3726 for more.

Yes, simply call the Chief’s Office to make an appointment. 304-234-3776.